It’s that time of year when How it Feels to Be a Jayhawk starts showing up on social media, so I guess that’s as good a time as any to address my neglected little blog.
For several months, I’ve been working on a side project called The Tailgate Society – bloggers from around the country weigh in on everything from sports to makeup to television. It’s fun because we get to write about any topic we like, and sometimes the gang actually gets together to tailgate.
My Tailgate Society pieces include:
- How we’ll remember Yordano Ventura
- Giving helped me cope with being broke at Christmas
- I’m not leaving my red state
- October should be your favorite month
- These are dark times for Kansas football fans
- WNTD Podcast: Meet the Writer
- What I want from licensed team gear
- ’90s songs that turned me into a lil feminist
Some other relevant news: I recently accepted a new job as a content marketer with a senior living company. That means I’ll soon be pumping out all kinds of articles about issues that are relevant to the elderly and their adult children. I’ll update my portfolio with those links when they’re available.
In the meantime, I’m still mulling over my options as far as this blog is concerned. The site itself needs a lot of updating (I haven’t really redesigned it since 2010) and much of the content that might be appropriate for Almost Home would also be good for Tailgate Society. As always, your feedback is welcome (unless it’s negative or I just don’t like it).